Saturday, January 24, 2009

Coming out of the Closet

We'd like to announce that we are coming out of the closet. That's right. We are coming out of our closet. We've been sleeping there (it is a really big closet) since we moved into our fixer-upper until we got our flooring. Yesterday we got all of the carpet installed and we have about a third of the laminate installed. Installing laminate is not skilled labor but that doesn't mean that it is easy or super fast. (As a side note, 3 is a good number of installers and 5 is too many but the story of Marshall grouching at the missionaries probably deserves its own apology entry.)

It's amazing how a couple of months on bare floors can make you appreciate something so ubiquitous and quotidian as carpet. Having flooring does mark the more than halfway point on our project. We are now in the "long-tail" of small projects. Hang more blinds. Reinstall light switch covers. Install two light fixtures. Paint downstairs trim. Oh, and let's not forget... move 90% of our stuff out of the garage onto our new carpet.

9 comments:

Evenstar said...

Provocative post title. I am so thrilled that we have carpet!!!

Oma said...

You were up at 3:48 a.m.? Send some photos.

Karen said...

Okay lets see pictures!! How exciting to have flooring. I bet the place feels a little more homey (sp?) now!

Seventh Child said...

Yea carpet, that most be really great!

Queen Prawn said...

Yeah! Does that mean I can stay in there if I come to visit?

josh said...

Props on your use of the word "quotidian" - I had to click on over to Dictionary.com for that one!

+1 for more pictures!

charlesfam said...

Hey, I found your blog through Monica. I've been wondering what you've been up to; it sounds like a lot of work. I'd love to see pictures. It's been a long time.

Amy said...

Out of the closet, off the face of the earth--is that it? How ARE you all now? What are you up to? How are you enjoying that house of yours?

Queen Prawn said...

Update!